Thursday, January 14, 2016

The Piece of Me That You Took When You Left (Part 2 of 2)

You took that piece of me along with you when you left. So thankful I am that you were able to do that. It is an indication of the life what we shared. The husband and wife that came together as one. We struggled and we faced the world and life that came our way. We had laughter and happiness and sorrow to share.

Because we had that most wonderful of lives, that piece of me that you took stayed with you when you left. It is the life that we had together that made this passing so hard. We were so grateful for the life that we shared.

God took the 2 of us so broken and torn. And melded us together into one amazing shape. Like a glass ball made with 2 colored rods, the molten and firing of that glass makes it bend. He used that pliable glass to create the gift of a life that made us what we were. The sparkling glass ball.

You were the foundation, the stability and strength. I was the energy, the enthusiasm, the creative and the spark. Together we lived in the life we were given. Thankful for your healing and wisdom and love. We were most thankful for that gift, the gift of a companion, lover and friend.

So today I weep for the loss of my great love. But as I look back I see what we were given. And for it I am thankful that we were together, and that piece of me that was bonded had to be taken along. Because without the wondrous things that He did, that piece of me would not have been molded to you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment