Monday, January 25, 2016

A Chance Meeting

This day is one of encouragement, of feeling God's care for me. The feeling put tears in my eyes because it has been months, many many months since I felt this care. It's not that God has not been caring for me, He has. In fact, He has probably been carrying me through it all. However, through the drenching storms of pain, I have not felt this simple direction. The leading of the reins in my life. A direction that is as of yet unclear, but an assurance that there is a plan. A plan that gives my life meaning once again.

Today was that day. A chance meeting, a friend, a new friend, a camaraderie of our personalities, a willingness to risk it all and be vulnerable. The memory of another time, long ago where I jumped off of a cliff with the expectation that God would be there to catch me. A realization that there are many  similarities of that time and in my current situation.

And, it came to pass that there was an assurance that this chance meeting was ordained, and that the questions I've been asking have an answer being revealed. That revelation is that there is a light shining on a door that now stood open. The choice for me to walk through that door. And a song, a confirmation of sorts that "I am not alone and that He goes before me".

A path has opened, one that includes a stretching of my faith. What should you hear me say right now? That it is a scary path, a path of vulnerability. But, a God-ordained path. A path that requires me to trust. 

No comments:

Post a Comment