Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Love in Different Seasons....A Tribute to 2 Gentle Men, Buddy and Eric

Vulnerability and trust never came easily to me. I spent many years being frightened of the hurt. There have been 2 men in my life that I've loved deeply with all of my heart. The first was a friend of my youth. We learned to be friends, to be real and vulnerable and through all of the hurt we cared for each other. We dreamed, felt the disappointment and accepted each other for who we were as individuals. We supported each other with the innocence of our youth.
We went on our way, each given a separate path, moving right along. We reconnected for a few short years. We picked up again right where we left off. Laughing and joking but loving the trust. He with his family, me with my crew. We now had the maturity of growth under out belts. It was the same but it was also different. We had both experienced sorrow and joy. We expected that we would have time across the miles to share. Sadly, that was not to be. He became sick and then he was taken, moving on from this earth. Jesus had another angel looking over me. How thankful I was that we had those last few years. To share and love in spite of the miles separating us. He was an artist with a camera. O
ne day they visited. Eric, sharing his gift, leaving me a legacy. Now that he's gone, I look at these pics. Thankful for our friendship, our trust, the gift of the friend of my youth.

The next was my Buddy, coming to me rather late. His kind, gentle spirit a balm to my fears. We married, we bonded and grew together as one. Our trust ran so deep,this man of my heart, my love and my care.This man was my soulmate be sure. Once again there was the vulnerability of deep friendship and the conversations so dear. God used each other to build something so dear. We built a life together and shared life's hurdles and joys. We laughed, we cried, we were angry and we enjoyed. Through it all our marriage was pure. We thought we had time and years of our age. Sadly, once again, it was not in the Great Master plan. My gentle man became sick and then was taken from me. Once again, heaven received another angel, he was mine. 

So different they were but of this one thing so sure, they both knew me deeply, vulnerable and true. They knew my bumps and wrinkles and flaws. They both chose to love me and for that I am glad. They each and cared for me during the seasons we shared. Eric in my youth, Buddy later on. And now both have been taken, I'm not sure why. But, I do know one thing as they stand up above. They are sharing their thoughts and comparing of notes. Probably laughing and joking as each knew how.  As different as they were in this life that they lived, the men I befriended shared certain traits. They loved the family God put in their life. They struggled with the hurts that they experienced here. They stood tall for all that was Pure. They did their best in the life they were given. They both stood for Jesus in their own unique way. This is a testament as one who was there. One friend one husband, both taken so young.  Rest in peace my Loves be sure. Your families and friends miss your bright care. And, I will love you and miss you while I am still here. 

2 comments:

  1. How similar our lives are. My men were Dwaine and Dale.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How similar our lives are. My men were Dwaine and Dale.

    ReplyDelete