Today I am a 'me' instead of a 'we'. I am feeling less wounded. The cyclone has stilled. This life I am living seems more familiar again to me. But, when I take the time, to look deep within, into the corner of my heart, I see the scar, what's left of that wound, caused by the arrow that pierced me, going all the way through. My eyes tear up as I think of you there, lodged so deep inside of me, held so dear.
My sorrow has changed shape in the heart of the storm. It no longer consumes me all the day long. It is now just a pinch and a poke that goes deep. A thought or a sight of that thing right there before me, that speaks to me softly and reminds me of you. I stop and I listen. I can't help but cry. My hurricane is now a shower, the expression is the same, it's my love of you. I hold you and keep you near to my heart. I have now memories of those days we always shared. Our laughter, our sorrow, our frustration, our cares. Those days that we lived and the way we once were.
Today it's so different, it's about looking deep within. I hold you close in that scarred part of me. As I move on to tomorrow to seek out what is next. As I choose to do my part. I know you are here close to me as you once were. What is not as clear to me this day is where do I go? What should I do? My life is a process of growing from here. Still working on becoming as the next season continues. I see mostly a blur. So I'm looking behind and I'm looking ahead. Bringing you with me, holding you dear. That piece that you occupy is part of my soul. You will be my guardian, always so near. I just am not sure now how to proceed. That path is uncertain from my outlook this day called today. I suppose I will know it when it is time to go. I just know I wish we could talk more as we walk on from here.
I take you with me as I move on from this space. The past is behind me, often clear as a bell. The path in front is a fog. But what I see now is the path of today. So, off we go, together in some way.
No comments:
Post a Comment