Thursday, November 5, 2015

My Husband Passed Away Tonight

My husband passed away tonight. Last year when the news came, I was completely in shock, incurable they said. Treatment forever and that treatment will not forever control the disease. At some point, his life will be taken. There is no cure. I thought this cannot be. No, Oh No, this can't be.

My husband passed away tonight. Its been so painful lately. Standing by his side, fighting a 
disease that stole him piece by piece day after day. And, each step was lost more quickly than the last. Headaches, seizures, ambulances and hospitals. Home again, treatments and more seizures. Then he couldn't walk, then the headaches became worse. Then he couldn't eat. Then he was sedated for comfort. So then, I couldn't visit with him. Oh I could speak but there was no visible response to my love and care. And still there was his pain returning here.

My husband passed away tonight. He is finally at rest. Finally he is pain free. He is gone from me, yes, he's left this body behind. He is free and at peace, no longer suffering. And now, he sits with Jesus, healed and whole. He can laugh and tease and think and love again. His soul is forever free. One day I will see him, of that I know. What joy it will be to hold him again. But for now I will miss him and I  cry. Oh my the sorrow, how my heart grieves. My husband passed away tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I was given a year with Dale after his diagnosis as well. Yes this feels very familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was given a year with Dale after his diagnosis as well. Yes this feels very familiar.

    ReplyDelete