Sunday, November 15, 2015

Life in the Sun

Today I have sorrow and I weep that is true. A grieving widow now thrown for a loop. The hurtful, the painful opinions abound. It's never been different, it's always the same. The big difference now is that I am weak from my grief. Darts filled with poison have entered me whole. My strength drains from me, the knife takes its toll. I struggle to function and have slipped back in a hole. I rest for awhile and then climb out again. One day in the future, I will be stronger once again. However, today is the day I begin with decisions.

I find you destructive, so hurtful, so canned. Your actions remind me of my pity again. When life is filled with the bitter and misery abound. You spout your destruction on those all around. It's hurtful and it is wrong. You drive folks away from your sorry self. You live in a dream world where you know it all. Unfortunately, those around you have learned to let you fall.

My choice is to live in the sun. Your filth causes clouds and so I walk away once again. You have no power over the life that I lead. I choose to remove the toxic, that means that you have to go. Not sorry for the empty space that you used to fill. My life has more value and I get to choose the flowers that grow there, the seeds that I sow. When weeds spring up it is my job to pull. Make room for more flowers, then water and watch. God's bringing me wholeness with His loving touch.

So today is the day I pull up my weeds. Walking further along the path, I will heed. So many have cared for me all along. You deserve the trash can and off you go. Away from my garden, your force no longer full. I have the choice to pull our your roots. Today I rise up and build a life in the sun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment