Saturday, December 12, 2015

The Strength of His Grip

In the current path I follow, God's plan for me has been tough. One of the lessons I've learned has given me pause as to an error in my thoughts. I am a strong woman, with a dedicated faith. As I have walked holding onto God's hand, my focus has been on my grip as I hold His hand. To hold tightly as I walk. To stay the path, no matter how strong the wind that comes to blow me away.

In the past, as I focused upon my grip, there was stress and anxiety. Alas, the correct answer here lies not in my grip but His. I am held lovingly in the arms of His Love. It is His strength, not mine imperative to the success of this journey, of the holding of my hand. When I realize His strength is sufficient for me here, there is such freedom. When my focus turned to His strength, His grip, my handhold becomes unimportant because it has been released to the comfort of His arms wrapped around me. Because you see, He does not ask me to walk a path on my own, He guides me and helps me, my strength not the care because its on His strength I depend, while I walk with Him here.

The lesson for me here has been twofold. The first is my belief that I am a "strong woman with a dedicated faith" I am focused on me, not the Lord my God. It actually takes away from my faith to focus upon my strength if that faith and strength originates and simply flows through me from the Father. It is like saying that the hose somehow produces the water that flows through it rather than coming from the original source.

The second is that that when I focus on my grip, my handhold, my focus is on my strength and there is anxiety there. There is the need to change my focus. And, when I do, I have 
learned that I experience the freedom He promised, the peace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment