There seems to be 3 sides of me as I look deep within. The mind (the thoughtfulness), the heart (the emotion) and the spirit within. When there is sorrow, I choose where to look to resolve what is there.Most of the time, because of who I am, I start with the emotions that exist. Right now, it is painful and my heart cries out in pain. But, if I look with the mind only, often, it will shut down the feelings of the heart and the emotions build and become more intense and eventually, become unbearable. In the same way, the heart wants full attention from all around. It will often shut out the mind and the logic that exists therein. Without the bringing together of the heart and the mind, the choices made are not really choices but reactions from the unacknowledged turmoil within.
Sometimes, the pain it too great, the mind is shut down. It is the spirit that communes with God when we need to hear. He brings out the lessons learned long ago. He brings me to a place where someone can speak, breathe words of God's wisdom that speaks truth to my heart.Then the spirit speaks quietly, my mind hears the truth, the heart hears the truth and suddenly are quite in sync and the heart can rest.
Several weeks ago, this was my situation, the hurt was more than I could bear. A man I have never met, spoke truth in a message, a sermon I listened to. Allow God to speak to my heart and my mind through the spirit. He brings peace to the struggle and brings me along. He understands my pain, my tears and my mind. I am thankful for the messenger he brought right along. Someone to speak truth into the deep dark despair. Bringing me the taste of His mercy right along. Thank you Jesus for those words your servant spoke, it gave me perspective and a rope with which to hold, a reminder of Your strong hand holding me up.
No comments:
Post a Comment