The hurricanes of emotion have come and they've gone. On some painful days, those hurricanes return. The pain is constant and then my heart weeps. The shores are still stirred up and the waters muddied on those days. They are fewer now than they were before.
The change I feel is pretty dramatic. When the pain hits on these days be sure, they are flaming arrows flying through the air. The arrows strike at some moment in time. Although the pain is not unexpected, when it hits it can be a surprise. At times they pierce the heart, the unexpected sharpness drives deep. The shock of the moment brings most everything to a halt. Its not the same hurt that I experienced before.
I'm living this life as normal as I can. Then this sneaks up from behind and takes my breath away for sure. Standing in the bedroom there's his familiar smell. Walking in the grocery, his favorite aisle to be endured. These little things remembered that take aim at my heart.The pain can be shocking and then takes its toll. It's exhausting be sure. I cancel my plans, go home and rest up. Those arrows take their toll like the hurricanes from before.
No comments:
Post a Comment