There is a bin inside of me, it's tall and wide. The purpose of this bin is to house the emotion big and small. The laughter, the tears. The happy and the sad. They all reside inside this bin.
On those days, when grief hits me hardest, the bin fills quickly. When the bin overflows, the pain becomes heavy, the stress unbearable. I can't function nor walk forward on those days. There are ways to release the fullness that exists there. I write, I cry, I pray and I talk, I write some more. I feel the bin releasing its load. I move forward again. Some days, I spend the day, emptying the bin over and over and over again. Other days, I only empty the bin at the end of a day. Depends on the day, depends upon the pain. Some days the bin doesn't get full and can wait til tomorrow. Those days are few and far between. Most days, the bin requires attention time and again.
No comments:
Post a Comment