It is "The Season" you know, the big one at the end of the year. The one that makes people nuts, running over other shoppers to get to their last "Must Have". I am different this year on the outside looking in.
I see the busy-ness, the shopping, the stress. We make such a big deal of all of our lists. There are cards and gifts and cookies to share. The trees the lights the parties galore. There is such expectation of ourselves and those around. I wonder what it all means making this thing we call Christmas? We stress, we wear ourselves right out with the busy-ness we create. When the reason we celebrate means that we can have peace and celebrate that one "little" life. This day is one to be thankful for the gift, the babe that became man. He came to this place to bring is great light. He brings us life in the midst of our strife. However, we have turned this whole season into something else all together. We turn this season into seemingly everything but.
This year I stand from the outside looking in and I wonder at the end of it all will we ask, "what was my purpose doing all of this stuff?" Did the baby Lord Jesus come out in my heart? Was He visible to others in the midst of my life? Were all the things we did that caused us such stress something so wonderful a celebration of His gift?
No comments:
Post a Comment