There is a place where I go to be me. To allow myself whatever I need, to 'just be' without judgement. There is no need to be social or pretend. Sometimes this space is confining and oppressive. But, most times, my only goal is to care for myself. To provide the safe and non judgemental space to be only what I need to be.
That space sometimes is my home, sometimes just my bed. There, I can write, pray, be sad, cry, hurt. Whatever the situation calls for. Some times, I live in that space for a couple of hours, other times for days. I ask myself 'What do I need right now?' And i listen to that voice inside telling me the answer. Sometimes it is productive time, other times, I nap.
Where do you go, Oh Grieving Friend, to meet your sorrow, care for yourself in the midst of your pain? Do you listen to the voice inside? Take the time you need to acknowledge your sorrow. To feel safe from the outside world and grieve. Give yourself the time it takes to go on just that one day. And then, tomorrow you can determine what you need. Concern yourself just for today, tomorrow will come soon enough.
No comments:
Post a Comment