Saturday, April 23, 2016

What is Your Dream?

Dreams are deepest desires of One's heart. The thing that makes the words excited, breath becomes quick and the eyes smile. It is the thing that gives one a vision. I've been reading about being a dreamer. Thinking about what makes me feel excited. I have several, but today I am thinking only about one......being a wife, a companion and friend.

Today, I have learned that one of my deeply held dreams was to be a wife. I Loved being a wife, a support, a companion and friend. To be the strength when he was not, to be the one who came along side. This role caused me to feel deep, deep contentment and peace. I loved being the one he trusted with his deepest things whether they were visions or hurts. I loved being the one to protect him from the world when it was closing in. I never really understood that this was my dream, my purpose and the way God wired me. All I knew was that I felt deep contentment I enjoyed in my life and then it was ripped away.

In the midst of the darkness, it is hard to consider a dream. It hurts to know that this part of my dream has been taken away. It may come back, some day, I don't know God's plan for this part of my life. I know now that the fuel for my dream was that deeply contented feeling I had. It brought purpose to my life and a settled-ness to my soul. I was unaware of how much I was fulfilling my dream until my situation changed and he was no longer here with me.

Today, I ask myself (and you) what is the dream? How are you wired? What brings an excitement to your chest and a smile to your face? A vision that puts energy into your step, makes you short of breath as you think about it and an ache in your gut? Being a Dreamer never has been natural for me. In fact, I would say I am in the lowest percentile of Dreamers. I am leaning to put stuff down, to put legs into the things that cause me to have hope in a life that I love. Are you a Dreamer? What is it that makes your gut ache?

No comments:

Post a Comment