Friday, April 15, 2016

The Tended Garden

In the garden that is my heart grow many flowers and much fruit. There is kindness and joy. There is gentleness and the ability to hold your hand. There is also a directness of speech designed to bring forth truth. Sometimes, boundaries to highlight.

I tend my garden. I bring in others who bring light and growth to fertilize my garden. I protect that garden from weeds and thorns. The light and growth come from many sources. God's word, my experiences and His people can each bring truth.

There is a limited number of spaces available around my garden. People come and people go as God brings them and takes them on a different path, other purposes and other gardens. It is my job to make sure that in my garden, the fruit gets sun and that the flowers are not burdened by thorns, weeds and other destructive forces. My job is also to bring light and truth to the gardens of those who have invited me to be a part of their garden as well.

There are many in this world who bring destruction and mold to the garden of life. It is those who I am to keep out of the garden of my heart. I don't always know who they are at first. It is the product of their words and actions that will tell me if they bring fruit and flowers or thorns. My job here is to root out the thorns and weeds, encourage the growth of the rest as it germinates in the soil within. Bringing forth growth and and depth and a beautiful scent.

All this tending is done to hold fast to the life that God has given. The purpose to bring a beautiful garden for Him and an aroma in His nose. That is the fertile garden of my heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment