Saturday, April 9, 2016

A Different Kind of Grief

My heart is now empty, the tears have all trickled out. He's gone from me forever, until we meet again in the forevermore. That day will be glorious, another meeting of the minds. To touch him and hold him and know we live together forever in peace.

Today my heart is empty, the tears have all dripped away. Longing for my Love. The one that was ripped away. My arms are empty, there is sorrow that fills my soul and deep sadness within. 
There exists an emptiness in my life all these months in. 

My heart holds no more tears, they have all come and gone. I feel the longing for companionship. Aching for that deep abiding love. Missing the One who held my heart so tenderly with his gentle hands. The peace the love, the laughter we shared, never to be mine again.

The tears have all been shed but the sorrows still remain.
 I walk with many friends, providing much love and support. However, that one special spot that has been so full for so many years, it is that spot where the vacancy persists. The root of my anguish.

I find I do not cry much any more. My tears have apparently served the purpose of relieving my intense grief. I have some laughter and those times where I smile. I'm finding as I walk forward that the absence of tears does not equal the absence of grief. There seems to be new season of grief that has come my way. One with fewer tears, a quieter sorrow which resides deep within. An emptiness, an aloneness that no other can fill. It is that aloneness that is the root of my sorrow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment