Friday, April 8, 2016

Quest for Contentment

I really would like my life back just like before. To be happy and content with the life I had chosen. But the reality is that my life can never be just like it was before. The question at hand is whether or not, my life can include happiness, contentment and all of the rest? Can that kind of contented life be reestablished now that I am single again? A long time ago, I lived a decade as a single and had learned to be content. And then, I received the gift of a companion and spouse. I loved being part of his life. And now, I am single again. Not by choice, but by circumstance. Can I go back to the contentment of that past season? I just wonder if it is possible for my life to be happy once again?

The question always leads me back to the question of my faith. Do I believe that God has a purpose and a plan? And secondly, am I willing to rest in that plan which will the best for me?



No comments:

Post a Comment