I suppose I am on a slightly different path of grief this past month. It goes like this: life is ok and I am just going along. Then there is a stress of some sort that causes a crash or a paralysis or an inability to handle. I understand with this as in other forms of learning, the first step to growth is seeing and acknowledging the need for change.
I understand that this path includes God growing me. A path that will lead to new fruit of the Spirit. A closer likeness to Him. On this path He has promised abundant life, that He will bring out from the darkness. I walk this path, trusting what is yet to come. That the growth is sometimes a forward and backward pattern. It is a time for giving grace to myself. Sometimes, the only expression of my faith is to continue to put one foot in front of the other, walking forward in faith. Hebrews 11 states that 'faith is the evidence of things not seen.'
I continue to believe God's truth and it is to Him that I cling on those days when I stumble. I hold tight on those days I choose to walk forward into the unknown instead of the familiar. When I see so much weakness within. I cling to my Lord when I just am tired of the hurt, the sadness and the pain.
Faith is purified through these difficult times. I choose to believe when the "evidence is not yet seen". I choose to believe His word when He has promised "Abundant Life". And to "Count it all joy when you face many troubles". God is on His throne. He has not forsaken me.
No comments:
Post a Comment