Sunday, February 28, 2016

A Birthday Has Come and Gone

A birthday has come and although it was nice, my ongoing grief muted the joy of the day. The pain was not as intense as some other holidays I have faced since his death. But, it was just not the happy event of previous years. When I compare this one with the rest, what is missing, of course, is the close bond and friend, the Love of my life. We shared such a closeness that now has been taken away from me.
My heart is just lonely and I'm not sure just how to bring him with me into the rest of my days. That seems to be the question I face day after day. How is it possible to bring him along? He would want me happy, to not live in this all consuming grief forever. He will always have a place in my heart and my mind. And I know without a doubt that he would want me to move along.

How does one move right along after such loss? How do I live a life after he was torn away? How do I keep him with me and move in the direction that my path takes one day at a time? Questions, questions, each day I sigh. If I had answers the path would be more clear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment