Monday, October 26, 2015

Day by Day

Over the past 18 months or so, I have spent much time writing. It started with posting to a Caring Bridge site and Facebook page. My goal was to easily get information to friends and family easily. Many who cared would be able to get information about how Vern (and I) were doing from day to day, week to week. How the struggle with treatment and trying to bring healing to his body. Somewhere along the line,as I wrote those updates, I began to place a piece of my heart into each post.

Then, in April-May of this year, Vern began going down hill again, in June, the slide became even more difficult, headaches, trips to the ER, and more tests. His final downhill slide had come and after a few weeks with Hospice care, Vern passed away in August. The stress was great, of course and the pain intense. Writing became a way of release for my pent up emotions while he was sick and the during the weeks afterward, my journal was never far away. I was alone much of the time, and my journal allowed me to pour out my soul and make sense of all of the emotional hurricanes that passed through. It has been almost 3 months now. I find I am not writing as much, however, my journal is still nearby.

Over the space of this time, I have been encouraged to continue writing. In the past weeks, I have felt compelled to write sometimes for myself, but other times to reach out. To speak whatever gift I have been given. So, today, I write, I start with the intention of turning my writing again to sharing a piece of my heart. 

2 comments: