Are we trusting God for His provision for each of us? I was listening to a teacher whom I value greatly. His subject was: Are we waiting upon the Lord in faith for direction? Or are we choosing a path of our own choosing and then asking God to bless the path we have chosen? One we have chosen without His direction? This hit me hard: Have I even asked for His direction. The speaker suggested that we ask. And then WAIT. Wait for an answer, for direction with faith and in peace.
Of course ,there is that one question I have been praying about which will produce anxiety. The anxious question/choice. This message seemed to be written just for me. The choice I often make is to act and figure out later if I should have acted.... Just so that I am doing SOMETHING. It is an anxiety based action instead of peace until the answer arrives.
I asked again and submitted my anxiousness. The answer came immediately and appeared unrelated to the issue of my concern. To hold the hand of another who is grieving deeply.
It was rather a surprising answer. I still have no real direction in the area of my concern. But, there is a need that I know I can fill none the less.
No comments:
Post a Comment